house is a venue network and touring initiative based in the South East of England. It is delivered by Farnham Maltings with support from Arts Council England and an advisory group of venue leaders, programmers and producers from the region. It was established in 2012.
house supports venues to improve the range, quality and scale of theatre presented across South East England and exists to build the audience for contemporary theatre across the region.
We do this by:
- Touring high-quality contemporary theatre to our network across South East England
- Supporting audience development and marketing campaigns for the work we tour
- Organising network days, seminars, festival trips, professional development and training for venue staff
- Advocating for and co-ordinating network-wide initiatives around common goals such as access, internships and sustainability
- Providing resources, advice and connections
- Experimenting with touring models in order to build a sustainable future for touring performing arts work
DELIVERY AND PARTNERS
Farnham Maltingsis a creative organisation and venue in Surrey that works with the artists and communities to encourage the greatest number of people to make, see and enjoy the best art possible. Farnham Maltings delivers house, as well as other initiatives, to encourage, develop and support artists and audiences.
We are supported by an advisory group of venue leaders, programmers and producers from the region.
Farnham Maltings is funded by Arts Council England to deliver a vibrant theatre development programme, including:
- rural touring
We are grateful for the investment we receive as a National Portfolio Organisation.