Coinciding with COP26, the UN Climate Summit in Glasgow, the Theatres Trust Conference 21: Making Theatre Sustainable will show how, as we emerge from the pandemic, the theatre sector can and must play its part in protecting our planet and in advocating for a greener future more widely.
Making Theatre Sustainable explores how we can make every aspect of the theatre sector more sustainable, from our productions to our buildings and how we run them.
The conference programme will include the launch of the completed Theatre Green Book, and will feature a wide range of artists, production personnel, theatre operators, architects, engineers and sustainability experts from across the UK and internationally.
house is offering two Conference bursaries.
A bursary covers the cost of a ticket to the conference in London on Thurs 04 November from 9.30am to 5pm.
The successful applicants will be invited to share their learnings to the house network, and contribute to developing our next house network day in spring 2022.
This bursary offer is open to venue staff with responsibility for business strategy, building management, operations, and/or environmental planning, and is limited to one bursary place per organisation.
apply by midday on Monday 18 October 2021.
To apply, please read the following terms and conditions and once you are satisfied, please complete the application form below.
terms and conditions of the bursary offer.
- The applicant must be available to attend the full day of the conference at the Lyric Hammersmith on Thursday 4 November 2021, from 9.30am to 5pm. Arrivals are from 8.45am
- More than one staff member per venue can apply, but house can grant only one bursary per venue
- There are two bursaries in total
- The venue must be registered with house: check here
- Full-priced tickets cost £110. house will only be able to cover the cost of the conference ticket; the successful candidates will pay for their own travel, hospitality and food costs
- Refreshments are provided at the conference, including lunch and a drinks reception at the end of the day. The applicant will inform house of dietary needs or allergies
- Cancellations should be notified to house seven days ahead of the event, and as soon as possible in the event of illness, to allow the ticket to be transferred
- The successful candidates will read and accept any Theatres Trust Conference 21 terms and conditions and guidelines around Covid-19 protocols.
Please contact us for a large print version of this form: firstname.lastname@example.org