The following information is for the those interested in taking part in Kickstart Scheme with house.
house (the South East venue network) has formed a cohort of venues to apply for the government Kickstart scheme. If you’re a performing arts venue in the South East and would like to commit to recruiting and supporting a young person on Universal Credit, please read the following information.
The Application Process
The application will take part in two stages and will be submitted by house (as Farnham Maltings). Venues will need to submit information to house for both stages via an online form (deadlines below).
Stage 1 (December 2020):
Information required includes: Company details (name, postcode, number), No. of placements, Job titles or ‘type of role’, Information that the job placements are created just for the Kickstart Scheme, Support offer
Stage 2 (Early 2021):
Information required includes: Job description, Person specification, Start date, Application process, Hours, Salary
Stage 2 form will be available in 2021.
- house Kickstart Intro and Q&A PowerPoint presentation (presented on 8 December 2020 – all information was accurate at the time of publish)
- house Kickstart Summary (presentation transcript)
- Kickstart Employability support package – house
- Kickstart criteria and government information
- FAQs (coming soon)
Basic Kickstart scheme information:
- The Kickstart Scheme is a government-led initiative to create quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
- Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week for 6 months
- The job placements must be new roles and must not replace existing roles
- The roles must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Each organisation commits supporting the participant to develop their skills and experience
- If successful, the grant will be paid in arrears, with proof of employment
- Only 16-24 year olds who are on Universal Credit can apply for placements, but you will be required to interview and select the participant