The following information is for the those interested in taking part in Kickstart Scheme with house.
house (the South East venue network) has formed a cohort of venues to apply for the government Kickstart scheme. If you’re a performing arts venue in the South East and would like to commit to recruiting and supporting a young person on Universal Credit, please read the following information.
- house Kickstart Intro and Q&A PowerPoint presentation (presented on 8 December 2020 – all information was accurate when published)
- house Kickstart Summary (presentation transcript)
- Kickstart Employability support package – house
- Kickstart criteria and government information
Basic Kickstart scheme information:
- The Kickstart Scheme is a government-led initiative to create quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
- Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week for 6 months
- The job placements must be new roles and must not replace existing roles
- The roles must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Each organisation commits supporting the participant to develop their skills and experience
- If successful, the grant will be paid in arrears, with proof of employment
- Only 16-24 year olds who are on Universal Credit can apply for placements, but you will be required to interview and select the participant