house is inviting venues to join a cohort to apply for the government Kickstart Scheme:
The government’s new Kickstart Scheme in Great Britain will create high quality six-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and deemed to be at risk of long-term unemployment.
house (as Farnham Maltings) has been approved as a Gateway organisation and will put forward an application on behalf of a cohort of arts venues in east- and south-east England, offering 30 six-month job placements.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week for six months.
You can find out more on the government website: Kickstart guidance and criteria
- The job placements must be new roles and must not replace existing roles
- The roles must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Each organisation commits to supporting the participant to develop their skills and experience
- If successful, the grant will be paid in arrears, with proof of employment
- Only 16-24-year-olds who are on Universal Credit can apply for placements, but you will be required to interview and select the participant