house is looking for venues interested in forming a cohort to apply for the government Kickstart scheme.
The government has introduced a new Kickstart Scheme in Great Britain to create high quality 6-month work placements aimed at those aged 16 to 24 who are on Universal Credit and are deemed to be at risk of long term unemployment.
Funding available for each job will cover 100% of the relevant National Minimum Wage for 25 hours a week for 6 months.
As applications must be for a minimum of 30 job placements, so we’re seeing if there’s an appetite among venues in the South East to take part in the scheme as a group.
- The job placements must be new roles and must not replace existing roles
- The roles must be a minimum of 25 hours per week, for 6 months
- Each organisation commits supporting the participant to develop their skills and experience
- If successful, the grant will be paid in arrears, with proof of employment
- Only 16-24 year olds who are on Universal Credit can apply for placements, but you will be required to interview and select the participant