Creative solutions to a challenging environment
Today’s challenges cannot be solved with yesterday’s logic
Join house for a series of interactive online workshops for arts venue leaders to develop innovative solutions to real-world problems. An opportunity to work with two international facilitators in the field of arts and cultural innovation, Lisa Baxter and Cecilia Martin.
Tuesday 10, Friday 20 and Tuesday 24 November 2020 at 10am-1pm
Book your place here: eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-post-covid-venue-beyond-compliance
What is it?
A programme of 3 x 3-hour virtual workshops over three weeks to help venues to reframe challenges as creative possibilities and find practical tools to move forward.
Participants will leave with a:
- Fresh perspective: You will emerge with greater clarity and focus on your specific challenge and the ways in which to overcome it.
- Revitalised vision: You will have a clear and compelling understanding of what ‘success’ looks like beyond compliance with Covid-19 regulations.
- Innovative solutions: You will emerge from the process with a suite of action-ready concepts to reassure, win-back and delight your audiences.
- User-friendly roadmap: To guide you through the ‘what next’ in relation to prototyping, testing and implementation.
Who is this for?
Arts venue managers and those with front-line experience and expertise, at whatever level.
Due to limited capacity, there will be one place available per venue.
This event is only for venues in the South East. Participants must attend all 3 workshops.
When is it?
Tuesday 10, Friday 20 and Tuesday 24 November 2020 at 10am-1pm.
How much does it cost?
Nothing. house is offering this 3-workshop programme for free to venues in the South East network. All we ask is that you commit to participate in all 3 workshops.
How do I book?
You can book your place here: eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-post-covid-venue-beyond-compliance
How does it work?
The programme consists of 3 x 3-hour virtual workshops with a maximum of 40 participants.
This is an engaging virtual platform for collaborative idea generation that powers-up your ability to develop innovative solutions to real-world problems. This is needed now more than ever because today’s challenges cannot be solved with yesterday’s logic, and because, given the accelerated change we find ourselves in, events are outpacing our ability to respond positively and creatively.
- Workshop 1 – Building Strong Foundations: here, an in-depth exploration of the problem and desired futures lays the essential groundwork for insightful, relevant ideation.
- Workshop 2 – Ideation: here, we reframe the problem as a positive challenge to inspire a growth mindset and ‘we-can’ attitude to the idea generation process.
- Workshop 3 – Forging Solutions: here, the most promising and exciting ideas are further developed into action-ready concepts.
We will use Zoom to support break-out rooms for lively group discussion and exercises, and MURAL, an exciting visual collaboration platform to support the create and development of your ideas.
Wouldn’t it be great if …?
- arts venues had the space and time for imaginative, human-centred thinking to win back their audiences,
- develop innovative solutions to emergent problems that set a new standard of service delivery in the long term,
- a standard that raised the bar beyond ‘Covid compliance’ to surprise, delight and exceed customer expectations.
- in way that strengthens brand saliency, deepens engagement and re-affirms loyalty,
- so that, post-Covid, our arts venues were regarded as beacons of excellence within the broader experience economy.
All this is entirely possible.
Lisa Baxter and Cecilia Martin, two international, creatively rule-breaking facilitators in the field of arts and cultural innovation who will bring their considerable combined expertise and applied intelligence to the table.
Lisa Baxter FRSA – Founder, The Experience Business
Lisa is a creative multitasker on a mission. Since founding The Experience Business in 2012 she has pioneered the application of human-centred design to ignite vision, strengthen purpose, build brands, develop new products and services, delight audiences and inspire a public-service mentality.
Cecilia Martin – Founder, I’m Cecilia Martin, Cultural Branding
Cecilia is a brand strategist specialised in culture with a strong focus on digital and new audiences. An innovator by nature, Cecilia Martin is a brand consultant, workshop facilitator and inspirational speaker with over 15 years of experience. Cecilia also co-founded Lava Lab in Amsterdam, a hub for innovation, strategy, design, and technology and teaches “Arts Communication” at the University of Barcelona.
If you any questions, please email Steph at email@example.com