house in Edinburgh
For the second year house will be present at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe alongside thirty-five venue programmers from the South East region. Our schedules are now arranged, but If you know of any theatre productions that will be at the festival and touring in 2014, please pass on the relevant details to Katie@housetheatre.org.uk.
Upcoming house tours
We’re excited to announce that we have confirmed the following house tours from September onwards:
- The Duchess of Malfi by Eyestrings Theatre Company. Full tour dates here.
- K’Boum by Collectif AOC and Oversees by Barely Methodical Troupe in a circus double-bill. Full tour dates here.
- Mess by Caroline Horton. Full tour dates here.
- Blast Off! By Kid Carpet. Full tour dates here.
- As You Like It by Transport which was the winner of the house Contemporary Classic Commission. Full tour dates here.
We’ve added two new resources which will be handy for companies and venues alike:
- A Guide to Press from the house press officer, especially useful for anyone touring in 2014. Download here.
- Top Tips for Rural Touring from the Farnham Maltings’ tour booker. Download here.
- A round up of news about house in the press. Have a read here.
- What Can We Do About Touring? A report from Fuel. Have a read here.
- Call for submissions, caravan 2014. More information here.
- Stage Manager opportunity with Two Bit Classics. Information here.
- Ovalhouse, From Edinburgh with Love. More information here.
Paines Plough want to hold an event in January 2014 which brings together venues, touring companies, digital marketeers, artists, producers, journalists and anyone else with a passion for high quality and plentiful small scale touring to collectively invent its future.
They have put together a very short questionnaire that any touring companies, artists, producers, and venue programmers are invited to complete to aid the development of this process and the January event. To fill in the questionnaire, please follow this link.