- A multi-purpose high quality venue with modern facilities for up to 500+ people in Basildon town centre.
- Easy parking and excellent road and rail links, see Parking, public transport links and how to get here.
- In demand for stage productions, conferences, exhibitions, presentations, meetings, workshops and private celebrations.
- Wi-Fi open access, PA system, projectors, screens and flip-charts for visual presentations and workshops.
- An experienced in-house team to provide technical support for your event.
- Cafe Bar facilities and an experienced event catering team to provide a full range of excellent, freshly prepared food for your event: full dinners, buffets, hot meals, cakes and patisserie to suit, see event catering.
The Towngate Main Auditorium follows the traditional horseshoe design seen in many theatres built during the Georgian period.However, as the theatre was built in the late 1980’s many modern innovative features have been incorporated into the design of this building.The main auditorium is a flexible space with audience seating for 548 people. We can remove and store the entire 232 stall seats under the main stage, creating a massive 378 square metre flat floor area for a standing audience of over 750 people. :