As the only dedicated arts provision in the area our vision is to inspire creativity and enrich the lives of our communities by providing a high quality, varied artistic, education and participatory programme.
We believe that by offering our communities the chance to engage with and be entertained by a variety of art forms we play a significant role in the cultural, social and economic development of the town.
Our key objectives are to:
- Inspire, stimulate and support creativity
- Offer the widest range of unique learning opportunities across all age groups
- Be open and accessible to all
- Optimise the use of our resources and building
- Generate enough income to ensure that we are here for years to come
- Work in partnership with public bodies, business, education and community organisations and agencies
How do we achieve these?
To achieve our aims we offer 3 strands of work:
Live events and film screenings including theatre, dance , music and comedy
- Participatory workshops, events and experiences including performing arts, visual arts and craft and holistic and wellbeing
- Visual art exhibitions
The Mill is a Registered Charity (No 1165998) and operates under the following charitable objectives: